Most of the conversations I have with my friends lately, shifts toward finances.
I have been in a situation whereby my bank account was empty, and I know people who fell into that hole too. It’s not because we had no choice, we had a choice; a choice to plan and manage, and we chose to mismanage and bear the consequences.
If there’s a lesson I took out of it, is “no matter how small you earn, saving little daily can make a difference”.
Thus, I came across a video that inspired this post and thought I’d share the five things, that will make you wealthy.
- Budget: have a written game plan, nobody accidentally wins in anything. If you read the story of successful people, you will observe that they all had a plan.
- Get out of debt: …. and I mean GET OUT!… get a sheet of paper and make a list of the people you owe money, make a payment plan, and start paying them back. Trust me, little by little, you’ll become debt free.
- Live on less than what you make: never spend every dime on expenditure. Invest (Google is your friend). Get creative. Stop being a 100% consumer.
- Save Money: you are going to be broke until you learn to save money. Saving money is one of the wisest things you’ll do in your life. The goal to saving is 60- 40. Save 60% and live on 40%. You won’t die, trust me.
- Be generous: the bible says: God loves a cheerful giver. Giving is the only principle of life that has a reward that is super extra.
When you see me living the life, it’s not because I am earning well, I am saving well…so should you!
Talk to you in the next post.